The Thorough Teeth Cleaning Home Guide
Have you ever wondered, can I get a thorough cleaning at home like I get in my Dental Office? The answer is yes! The blog includes a few tips on how to do a thorough teeth cleaning at home. Keep in mind, that we still recommend you maintain your six month routine dental checkups with Harbor Point Dental Group in Stamford, CT to ensure you good oral health. These are just a few tips to get you started in good teeth cleaning routines outside of your regular office visits.
Why Do I Need to Keep My Six Month Dental Checkups?
Six month checkups at Harbor Point Dental Group are essential to help look for signs of tooth decay, gum disease, oral cancer, and other potential problems that require treatment. Something you cannot do at home is X-rays. X-rays of your mouth may also be taken at the time of your routine dental cleaning.
We would like to remind the Stamford, CT community of the importance of at home oral health care and routine dental cleanings at our dental office to maintain a good overall oral health and a beautiful smile.
Here are some tips to get you on your way:
- Using a fluoride toothpaste, brush your teeth at least twice daily for a minimum of two minutes each time.
- Use a soft toothbrush and instead of going back and forth while brushing your teeth focus on circular motions by starting from the gums and moving toward the direction of the teeth. Apply just enough pressure to feel the bristles against the gums. If the bristles are squashing, you’re brushing too hard.
- Look for a brush whose head and bristles are small enough to reach into the crevices of your molars, where food debris can hide after you eat.
- Flossing and rinsing with mouthwash are key components to good oral health. Flossing technique: Use a piece of floss up to 18 inches, allowing you to use a fresh area of floss every few teeth without reinserting bacteria you just removed. Floss should rub against the teeth in a motion that creates a forward or backward ‘C’ shape, wrapping the floss around each tooth.
- Replace your toothbrush every three to four months.
- Use mouthwash recommended by your dentist.
- Stick to a healthy, balanced diet and avoid snacking between meals.
Schedule Your Routine Dental Cleaning with Harbor Point Dental Group TodayCONTACT US
Don’t Wait: Maximize Your Dental Insurance Benefits Today
Harbor Point Dental Group reminds Connecticut residents that now is the time to get the dental care you need and maximize your dental benefits before new insurance plans start in 2019.
We know insurance may be confusing and every plan has different terms and coverage plans. That’s why our staff is equipped to help you with insurance questions, schedule appointments and answer any other dental-related questions before meeting with our dentists and our hygienists in Stamford, CT.