10 Tips: Help Your Child Remain Calm at the Dentist
Harbor Point Dental Group wants you and your children to feel comfortable when visiting our Stamford, CT location. Read these tips to prepare for the first appointment.
1. Tell them the dentist is their friend.
2. Remind them the dentist is there to take care of you and keep you and your teeth healthy.
3. Remind them they can ask the dentist any questions.
4. Start young with oral health education and lead by example.
5. Avoid scary words such as pain, needles or loud noises.
6. Walk through the dental visit with a practice appointment at home.
7. Take a tour of the office before the scheduled appointment.
8. Avoid having your child go to the dental appointment on an empty stomach.
9. Remain in the room with your son or daughter during the appointment.
10. Consult with Harbor Point Dental Group Patient Care Coordinators to answer any pre-appointment questions.
CONNECT WITH US