Winter. Do you like it? Your body may react to the cold winter months not how you expected.
Playing outside and spending time with family during snow storms and holidays can cause concerns with your mouth that you did not foresee.
Prepare in the winter months now to have a healthy smile this spring.
Harbor Point Dental Group in Stamford, CT recommends the following tips:
- Wear SPF 15 lip balm when outside, and apply often.
- Favorite winter treats: If you notice more canker sores than usual, monitor your winter treats intake. Avoid foods high in acid.
- Consult with your orthodontist if you notice irritation from braces.
- Sensitive teeth in the winter may leave your teeth feeling sore from cold temperatures and wind. Use sensitive toothpaste recommended by your Harbor Point Dental Group dentist.
- Keep your kids and their teeth in the winter safe by reminding them to stay hydrated and protect their teeth in sports and during snow ball fights with a mouthguard or face mask. Rest if they have the flu or a cold.
- We all love hot chocolate. Harbor Point Dental Group recommends a version using real milk and dark chocolate, which contains less sugar.
Don’t let the winter months ruin your fun activities with friends and family. Contact a patient care coordinator at Harbor Point Dental Group for your winter dental care needs.
Our Harbor Point Dental Group team of dental professionals approaches every patient relationship by carefully listening to any dental concerns they might have.CONTACT US