Have you ever wondered why using mouthwash is essential to good oral hygiene?
Using mouthwash is important in maintaining your overall oral health because it helps reduce plaque and can remove remaining food particles that brushing and flossing can sometimes miss.
Here are some thoughts to consider from Harbor Point Dental Group to help you choose the right mouthwash for you.
1. How long are you rinsing? Each mouthwash label may say something different, but a mouthwash that recommends rinsing for at least 30 to 60 seconds before spitting it out is typically a good option.
2. What about mouthwash for my kids? You may see kid-friendly images on a mouthwash bottle and wonder if the time is now for your kid to use mouthwash. Dentists recommend waiting until the age of six to start using mouthwash. Check the label and be sure the mouthwash you choose offers specific precautions, instructions and age recommendations for their product.
3. What are the benefits of using mouthwash? Mouthwashes that advertise that they freshen breath by killing bacteria, prevents plaque build-up, removes particles, and reduces cavities are typically a good mouthwash option to consider.
4. Choosing mouthwash: A mouthwash will freshen your breath while a rinse will protect your teeth from acid. A mouthwash or a fluoride mouth rinse should be used after you finish your brushing and flossing routine.
5. Do you have more questions? Call Harbor Point Dental Group today at (203) 490-6226 or speak to your hygienist and dentist during your next visit in Stamford, CT.
Save on Summer Dental Care Today
Harbor Point Dental is a featured Provider of Dental Direct. Dental Direct is a discounted dental savings plan program offering 30-60% savings on over 150 discounted dental services and 1 FREE teeth cleaning per member, per year. Enroll today.
Are You New to the Area? We Are Accepting New Patients
We at Harbor Point Dental would love to meet you! We are always happy to welcome new patients. Schedule your next dental appointment online. Don’t forget to ask us about our free teeth whitening options with your first appointment before you schedule your visit. Visit the link below to get started http://www.harborpointdentist.com.
New CareCredit Applicants Receive a Free Sonicare Brush when you charge $200 before June 30
Get 0% financing with Care Credit! Care Credit helps you pay for out of pocket dental expenses for you and your family. Until June 30, 2018, all approved, new CareCredit applicants can receive a free Sonicare brush when they make a charge of at least $200 before June 30, 2018. Start saving today.