Are you concerned that your breath may be a little less than fresh sometimes?
Lets be realistic, it happens to all of us. Bad breath can be humiliating. The good news is that there are ways how to have it treated. Harbor Point Dental Group in Stamford, CT cares about your whole health and is here to help.
What are Warning Signs of Gum Disease that Leads to Bad Breath?
Contact your dentist if you show any of the following warning signs: gums that bleed easily, tender and swollen gums, persistent bad breath, and permanent teeth loss.
Poor oral hygiene, smoking, genetics, pregnancy, crooked teeth, and diabetes are factors that may cause an increased chance of developing gum disease.
How Do I Prevent Bad Breath?
- Drink plenty of water on a daily basis.
- Brush and floss at least twice a day.
- Use mouthwash recommended by your dentist.
- Avoid foods such as garlic and onions.
- Skip mints after a meal and chew sugarless gum.
- Maintain regular six month dental cleaning routines and checkups with Harbor Point Dental Group.
Five Foods to Help Whiten and Protect your Teeth Today
- Strawberries contain an enzyme called malic acid. Mash up strawberries and rub them on your teeth. After five minutes, rinse with water and brush and floss your teeth.
- Apples, celery, and carrots are helpful with saliva production in your mouth. Saliva is a natural teeth cleaner. These fruits and vegetables may also help kill bacteria, a cause of bad breath. Other fruits that help the mouth produce more saliva and clean teeth naturally are oranges and pineapples. Reports recommend not using lemons directly on teeth due to the level of acid that can have damaging effects.
- Tubes of toothpaste that contain baking soda are better at removing plaque compared to ones without baking soda.
- We all want to protect against tooth decay. Dairy products such as yogurt, milk, and cheese contain lactic acid, which may help prevent tooth decay. A study in the journal Dentistry found kids who ate yogurt four times per week had less tooth decay compared to those that don’t.
Customized Treatment Plans at Harbor Point Dental in Stamford, CT
If you do exhibit signs of gum disease, we will create a caring and customized treatment plan to reduce the infection and reverse the progression of gum disease.
Harbor Point Dental is a featured Provider of Dental Direct. Dental Direct is a discounted dental savings plan program offering 30-60% savings on over 150 discounted dental services and 1 FREE teeth cleaning per member, per year. Enroll today.